Code Of Conduct
The Houston Angel Network (HAN) believes that trust, respect and open-mindedness are values that are essential to accelerating innovation. HAN is committed to fostering an inclusive environment for all, regardless of background, ethnicity, gender, national origin, orientation, race, or religion. HAN has adopted this Code of Conduct to outline our expectations for HAN members, and processes for reporting unacceptable behavior by our members.
We expect that HAN members and anyone involved with HAN will:
- Respect the rights, differences, and dignity of others
- Be accountable for their own behavior and be mindful of others
- Alert the HAN Team if you encounter or notice unacceptable behavior
Unacceptable behavior includes:
- Intimidating, harassing, abusive, discriminatory, derogatory, demeaning or threatening conduct that is disruptive or creates apprehension in a person
- Sexual harassment of any kind, including unwelcome sexual attention or inappropriate physical contact
- Offensive comments on gender, orientation, race, religion, or disability, or that discriminates against a group or class of people
Additional Expectations for HAN Members
- Act with Integrity
- Be honest and transparent
- Protect sensitive information
- Do not steal assets or content
- Disclose known conflicts of interest early and err on the side of caution
- Be Generous
- Give back to the community with no specific expectation of return when possible
- Be responsive and respect other people’s time
- HAN is a volunteer organization; appreciate the help of others who help our community
If you are subject to unacceptable behavior, notice someone else that is, or have other concerns, notify our Managing Director, Stephanie Campbell. You can email her at email@example.com or submit this form. You may also notify any of our officers or members of the board. You may request that your report remain confidential. HAN will take these reports seriously and follow up and investigate them according to HAN official procedures.
Violations of the HAN Code of Conduct will not be tolerated. If someone engages in unacceptable behavior, HAN may take any action it deems appropriate, including expulsion from HAN.